- This event has passed.
14th Annual Caregiver Walk
September 14, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$20
Did you know?
- 1 in 3 seniors die with Alzheimer’s or another dementia
- Over 4 million people worldwide have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, and 40-50% of those diagnosed at risk for dementia
- Family caregivers provide services valued at $470 billion annually (AARP Public Policy Institute, 2015 update)
- 1 in 10 caregivers report that caregiving has caused their physical health to worsen, including risk of heart disease, diminished immune response leading to frequent infection and increased risk of cancers.
Our annual Caregiver Walk involves hundreds of participants each year and we would like to extend the opportunity for you to participate in this community event!
100% of the funds generated remain in Cooke, Fannin and Grayson counties to assist ALL individual caregivers caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s and related dementias, Parkinson’s Disease, Grandparents raising grandchildren and those with chronic illnesses or other diseases through program services not otherwise supported by local and federal grants.
Please join us in supporting our local caregivers by participating in the 14th Annual Texoma Caregiver Celebration Walk
8:00 AM: Early Registration 9:00 AM: Walk Begins
- $20/Person Includes Event T-Shirt & Bag
- Plaque recognition for teams with most walkers and highest fundraisers
- Live music
Drawings & Prizes
Enter for a chance to win a 65″ HDTV or Apple Watch
Grand prizes generously provided by:
Please call Miranda Harp at (903) 813-3347 to buy tickets for a chance to win these prizes and more!
P.A.W.S. Parade & Costume Contest presented by Home Hospice
No matter the size, shape or bandana – we hope you bring your dog to our event because Pets Are Wonderful Support!
- Walk with Caregivers
- Costume Contest
- Special prizes and treats will be awarded!