A Matter of Balance
March 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes strategies to manage falls.
You will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- Anyone at least 60 years old and concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls
This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright © 1995 Trustees of Boston University. All rights reserved. Used and adapted with permission of Boston University.
A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model
Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006, American Society on Aging. A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model was developed by a grant from the Administration on Aging (#90AM2780).