- This event has passed.
Governing Board Meeting
April 20, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Texoma Council of Governments
Thursday, April 20, 2017 – 5:30 pm
Thursday, April 20, 2017 – 5:30 pm
- Call to Order & Declaration of a Quorum
- Invocation and Pledges
- Welcome Guests
- Executive Director’s Report
- AAA Program Presentation
- Approval of Minutes
- Consent All items on Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Council of Governments and will be enacted with one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Governing Body or a citizen so requests, in which event these items will be removed from the general order of business and considered in normal sequence.
- Ratify liabilities paid in the amounts as listed.
- Ratify amendment to the contract with Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs (TDHCA) for CEAP funding to serve Grayson, Fannin and Cooke counties to include an extension to June 30, 2017.
- Executive Session
Announcement by the presiding officer that a closed meeting will take place as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, “Consultations with Attorney,” for the Board to seek advice on legal matters.
- Closed Meeting: Board shall convene into a closed executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE to seek legal advice from its attorney regarding pending litigation – Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Keith Clegg, and Stacee Sloan Caskey v. Susan Thomas, individually and as Executive Director, and the Texoma Council of Governments matters.
- Reconvene into open meeting.
- Discussion and decision on any action as a result of executive session.
- Receive Monthly Financial Oversight Report for date listed.
- Accept recommendation, if any, regarding TCOG’s FYE 2017 Budget.
- Take the following recommended actions in order to implement the FYE 2018 Annual Financing Plan: Approve the FYE and Salary Budget Authority; Set Indirect Cost Allocation Rates; Set Central Service Information Technology Rate; Set Employee Benefit Rate; Approve the Holiday Schedule; Approve Membership Dues Schedule; and Delay Annual Principle/Depreciation Transfer.
- Approve the selection of officers to serve on the Community Services Advisory Committee (CSAC).
- Ratify contract extensions and additional funding for the following contracts with TDHCA: Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) for the 4 newest counties and Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for the 19-county service area.
- Authorize submission and, if awarded, the acceptance of the State Healthy Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) 2017 Grant Proposal of $50,284.
- Authorize submission and, if awarded, acceptance of the Corporation for National and Community Services (CNCS) Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) and Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Continuation Grants for the Texoma Senior Corps Program.
- Approve the prioritized FY2017 TCOG Regional Homeland Security Projects, Resolution and Memorandum of Understanding.
- Authorize the recommendations from the TCOG Criminal Justice Advisory Committee (CJAC) results from the scoring and ranking of applicants for the following funding categories for Funding Year (FY) 2018: Criminal Justice Program; General Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention Program Solicitation; General Victim Assistance Direct Service Program Solicitation; and Violent Crimes against Women Criminal Justice & Training Projects.
- Approve the TCOG 2017 Criminal Justice Community Plan.
- Approve HR Subcommittee recommendation to change the TCOG Personnel Policy Manual as it relates to leave time.
- Take action on proposed TCOG Bylaws amendments.
- Take action on Executive Committee Recommendations regarding extension/expiration of Executive Director Contract.
- President’s Report