- This event has passed.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
May 16 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Are you a Caregiver Looking for Guidance?
Discover Resources at this FREE Workshop Series!
This series of six classes is designed to empower family caregivers of older adults to take better care of themselves.
The tools learned from Powerful Tools for Caregivers benefit caregivers by developing a wealth of self-care strategies to better handle the unique challenges faced by family caregivers. The PTC curriculum was developed over three years of pilot testing in Portland, Oregon and offered since 1998. The PTC class curriculum meets the highest-level criteria of evidence-based disease prevention and health promotion programs per the Administration on Aging/Administration for Community Living.
You will learn to:
- Identify and reduce personal stress
- Communicate feelings, needs, and concerns
- Take care of you
- Communicate more effectively during challenging situations
Who should attend? Anyone:
- Caring for a loved one
- Looking for caregiving resources and needing caregiving guidance
- Wanting to master caregiving decisions and learn from emotions
To get registered for this valuable workshop series, call Miranda Harp at (903) 813-3347