Office Space Request for Proposal (Denton County)May 7, 2019
2019 Summertastic! Texoma Youth Activity GuideMay 15, 2019
Texoma Council of Governments
1117 Gallagher Drive, Suite 200
Sherman, TX 75090
This request for bid is contract work for 2 facilitators for the Bridges Out of Poverty Program, Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World.
Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World is a 16-session curriculum that helps individuals in poverty build resources for a more prosperous.
The Getting Ahead curriculum involves rigorous work done in a safe learning environment with the support of two experienced facilitators.
Scope of Work
- Guide participants through an examination of their own experience of poverty.
- Explore issues in the community that impact poverty.
- Provide critical information the community can use to take action to end poverty.
- Guide participants through an assessment of resources and how to build resources as part of a move to self-sufficiency.
- Facilitate one class for 2 ½ hours each week for 16-weeks.
- Complete of Bridges Out of Poverty course.
- Complete of Getting Ahead in a Just-Getting’-By World
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive interpersonal and collaboration skills dealing effectively with stakeholders at various levels.
- Recruit, select, enroll and teach a maximum of 12 individuals.
- Review all Getting Ahead applications for basic requirements.
- Coordinate supportive services for participants including but not limited to meals, on-site child care, books and supplies, gift cards, curriculum and supplies.
Include in Bid
- Agency and/or individual(s) name, address, and contact information
- Relevant experience (i.e. resume)
- Facilitator cost per 16-week session for 2 facilitators
- Certificate of completion of Bridges out of Poverty Course
- Certificate of completion of Getting Ahead Course
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2019