Benefits counselors, located in each county, assist persons 60 years of age and older with the day-to-day complexities of public benefits, including benefit awareness, eligibility determination, application assistance, and advocacy.
This program also serves persons with disabilities who are Medicare beneficiaries and provides benefits counseling to those under 60 years of age.
What services are available?
The Benefits Counseling program offers the following assistance:
- Advance Directives
- Appeals for Denied Benefits
- Application for Public Benefits
- Coordination of Benefits
- Extra Help With Prescription Drugs
- Explanation of Benefits
- Information and Referral
- Legal Assistance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Medicare Savings Program
- Outreach and Education
- Prescription Assistance
- Qualified Income Trust
- Social Security Benefits
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans Benefits
The Money Management Program provides bill payer and representative payee services to individuals in danger of losing their independence because of their inability to manage their finances.
Find out more about Money ManagementCall our Specialists today<br />(903) 813-3572
In the News
- News Release For Immediate Release TCOG Readies Benefits Counselors for Medicare Open Enrollment SHERMAN, OCTOBER 12, 2018 – TCOG officials have announced they are preparing to […]