Energy Services is designed to assist in meeting energy needs with low-income households and encouraging consumers to control energy costs through energy education.
What we offer
TCOG's Energy Services department includes utility and weatherization services.
Utility assistance provides co-payment of utilities and the provision of supportive services in an effort to transition low-income families out of poverty and off of public assistance.
Counties served: Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Rockwall
Utility assistance includes the co-payment of utilities for a specific period of time while learning ways to conserve energy. Services also include a case management program with the goal of transitioning families off welfare by providing assistance with the cost of expenses such as education, training and other necessary supplies and supportive services.
Each client situation is evaluated through an application process and the appropriate program service is then determined. Individual goals and objectives are identified as well as techniques for budgeting and energy conservation which will transition the client from poverty and/or address crisis situations.
|Household Size||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)*|
|Families with more than 8 persons||Add $6,810 for each additional person|
|* Subject to change annually. Eligibility for CEAP is calculated at 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines. Amounts listed above effective January 25, 2021.|
Applications & Forms
Important Contact Information
Texoma Council of Governments
ATTN: Energy Services
1117 Gallagher Drive, Suite 200
Sherman, TX 75090
- Automated Appointment Scheduling Line
- Main Phone
(903) 893-2161 ext. 3541 - Utility Assistance
(903) 893-2161 ext. 3530 - Weatherization Assistance
- Email Address
firstname.lastname@example.org - Utility Assistance
email@example.com - Weatherization Assistance
- Apply Online
- To complete an application online, please visit this link. To print and complete an application by mail, download an application.
Proof of income for all household members over the age of 18 for the previous thirty (30) days.
Provide the income that applies to your household.
- If paid weekly, four (4) current check stubs
- If paid bi-weekly, two (2) current check stubs
- If paid monthly, one (1) current check stub
- Social Security Award Letter for current year
- Retirement Income Letter for current year
- VA award letter for current year
- TANF printout for previous thirty (30) days
- Child Support Letter (showing how much you receive on a monthly basis)
- Unemployment printout (showing how much you have received in the past 30 days)
- Documentation of any other income received in your household for the past thirty days
- Electricity bill
- Gas bill
- Propane bill
- US Passport
- US American Indian or Alaska Native, tribal enrollment or membership card with photo
- Birth Certificate or Birth Record
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Drivers License or Texas ID
- US Military or Military Dependent ID
- Government Employee ID (City, County, State or Federal)
- Concealed Handgun