The Section 8 HCV program is now located on the 2nd floor in Suite 210.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program assists very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled, with the ability to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market.
How we help
Housing assistance is provided on behalf of the family or individual who are able to find their own housing. TCOG administers this program in Fannin and Grayson counties.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program provides rental assistance payments directly to private landlords.
This program offers eligible participants the ability to rent decent, safe housing and pay no more than 40% of their income for rent and utility expenses. There are subsidies available for one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom homes including apartments, mobile homes, duplexes or any kind of dwelling which meets the standards set by the program.
Annual Income Limit Guidelines
|Household Size||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)*|
|Maximum Income Level (Per Year)* |
|* Subject to change annually|
The goal of the TCOG Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is to provide clients with the tools necessary to achieve financial self-sufficiency.
Eligible clients are residents in the Section 8 Housing program who enter into a contract of participation which identifies individual goals that, once accomplished, will result in achieving self-sufficiency. When a client's income increases, the increased portion to the rental amount goes into an interest-bearing escrow account which the client will receive after successful completion of the contract of participation.
- Parenting skills
- Money management
- Job training
- Child Care
- Substance abuse treatment
- Additional resources available based on individual contract of participation
Find out more at hud.govFamily Self-Sufficiency
Family Self-Sufficiency Advisory Board
Fannin County FSS Members
No Fannin County FSS Meeting minutes are available.
Grayson County FSS Members
No Grayson County FSS Meeting agendas are available.
No Grayson County FSS Meeting minutes are available.
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership program helps families to achieve the American dream of homeownership.
Enriched Education & Assistance
The families who are currently participating in the program receive educational instruction in the following areas:
- Creating a satisfactory credit history
- Saving for a down payment and closing costs
- Utilizing independent inspections
- Obtaining homebuyer education certifications
Frequently Asked Questions
- The person or persons applying must meet TCOG's definition of a "family"
- The family must be income eligible according to the income limits guidelines
- At least one family member must be a US citizen or eligible immigrant
- No family member has violated a rule that would be a cause to deny assistance
- Family Unification Program
(Fannin & Grayson counties)
- Mainstream Program
(Grayson County only)
- Families: each child under 18 years of age counts as a deduction
- Adults who are full-time students (excepted head of household or spouse)
- Childcare costs which allow a parent to work
- Elderly, persons with disabilities
- Medical supplemental insurance other than Medicare/Medicaid
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Birth Certificates (if available)
- Proof of income for last 90 days (check stubs, child support, TANF/SNAP, pensions, Social Security, SSI, unemployment)
- Special purpose program verification (if applicable)