Water assistance provides funds to assist low-income households with restoration of household water services.
Counties served: Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Rockwall
Water assistance is only available for households that are currently disconnected or are facing disconnection. Assistance is provided through a one-time payment. If you become disconnected or receive a disconnection notice 90 days after our initial payment, you may reapply for additional assistance.
Each client situation is evaluated through an application process and the appropriate program service is then determined. Individual goals and objectives are identified as well as techniques for budgeting and energy conservation which will transition the client from poverty and/or address crisis situations.
|Household Size||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)*|
|Families with more than 8 persons||Add $7,080 for each additional person|
|* Subject to change annually. Eligibility for LIHWAP is calculated at 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines. Amounts listed above effective January 28, 2022.|
Applications & Forms
Important Contact Information
Texoma Council of Governments
ATTN: Energy Services
1117 Gallagher Drive, Suite 200
Sherman, TX 75090
- Main Phone
(903) 893-2161 ext. 3541 - Utility Assistance
- Email Address
firstname.lastname@example.org - Utility Assistance
- Apply Online
- To complete an application online, please visit this link. To print and complete an application by mail, download an application.
Proof of income for all household members over the age of 18 for the previous thirty (30) days.
Provide the income that applies to your household.
- If paid weekly, four (4) current check stubs
- If paid bi-weekly, two (2) current check stubs
- If paid monthly, one (1) current check stub
- Social Security Award Letter for current year
- Retirement Income Letter for current year
- VA award letter for current year
- TANF printout for previous thirty (30) days
- Child Support Letter (showing how much you receive on a monthly basis)
- Unemployment printout (showing how much you have received in the past 30 days)
- Documentation of any other income received in your household for the past thirty days
- Disconnection notice from water company
- US Passport
- US American Indian or Alaska Native, tribal enrollment or membership card with photo
- Birth Certificate or Birth Record
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Drivers License or Texas ID
- US Military or Military Dependent ID
- Government Employee ID (City, County, State or Federal)
- Concealed Handgun